Can I be a parent?
If you’re considering parenting for your child, the Center for Women can help. We provide several resources for new or expecting mothers who desire to parent well. These resources include education, material assistance, and any other support we can provide you with.
Learn & Earn
The Center for Women is equipped to assist women who choose to parent through our Learn & Earn program. New and expected mothers are provided with education on prenatal care, infant care, parenting, and life skills. Participation in this program allows these moms to earn credits toward our on-site “Parent Store,” where material supplies are available to “purchase.” This insightful program is for all women experiencing pregnancy and early motherhood, regardless of background or financial circumstance
Topics covered in Learn & Earn include:
- First Trimester
- Second Trimester
- Third Trimester
- Eating For Two
- What’s Safe and What Isn’t in Pregnancy?
- Your Developing Baby
- Breast-Feeding Your Baby
- You and You Baby Can Sleep
- Reducing the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Preventing Sexual Child Abuse
- Emergency First Aid – Accidents/Illnesses
- Discipline-Teaching Limits with Love
- Discipline and Consequences in Parenting
- Potty Training
Dads All In
Dads All In is a parenting program focused on fatherhood. At the Center for Women, we know the value of fathers, and we encourage dads to embrace the role they have in their child’s life. Participation in Dads All In also earns credits to the “Parent Store,” where dads can receive products like books, toys, baby food, diapers, and more.
Topics covered in Dads All In include:
- Authentic Manhood
- Fathers and Sons
- Fathers and Daughters
- Real Time – Learn the importance of spending effective and healthy time with children.
- Role Models – Learn the importance of being a good role model to children.
- A Discipline Foundation – Learn the “big ideas” of discipline.
- Single Parenting
Topics covered in both Earn & Learn and Dads All In:
- Infant Temperament
- Infant Hygiene
- Simple Infant Care
- The Parent/Child Relationship
- Parenting with Respect
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Routine Illness
- Car Seat Safety
- The Happiest Baby on the Block
If you are unexpectedly pregnant and interested in parenting, you are not alone. The Center for Women has a number of resources available to you at absolutely no cost. If you’re interested in parenting and would like to join Learn & Earn or Dads All In, please give us a call at 517-787-4673.